Pharmacists provide confidential, expert advice and treatment for a range of common conditions and will be able to help you decide if you need to see a GP or other health service.
No appointment is needed, and many have separate consulting rooms for completely confidential advice.
Over 65 and still need the flu jab? Find out which local pharmacy has the vaccination in stock.
- dispense medicine on prescription
- dispense repeat prescriptions without the need to visit your GP
- give advice on treating common ailments like coughs and colds
- help you manage long-term conditions such as diabetes and asthma
- give advice on medication, including if you're taking medicine for lots of different conditions
- give advice on staying healthy
- give sexual health and contraception advice
- provide treatments for common ailments like head lice and athlete's foot.
Many also offer free emergency contraception including the morning after pill.
Pharmacists are often open late and on weekends, and there are always some open over Bank Holidays.
Find a local pharmacy
Pharmacy opening hours over Christmas and New Year
If your local pharmacy closes over the Christmas and New Year holidays, it’s important to make sure you’re covered by ordering and collecting prescriptions while services are still open.
Bear in mind that a repeat prescription request will take your GP practice a few days to process, so act early to make sure it’s available for collection well in advance.
You can view the Christmas and New Year opening hours for all pharmacies in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire below.