If you have immediate concerns that an adult with care and support needs or a child is being abused or neglected, call the Police on 999. If it isn’t an emergency but you need help fast, call the Police on 101.

Local safeguarding boards

Safeguarding boards are made up of local authorities and partner organisations, such as police, to oversee and coordinate local safeguarding work. This includes local safeguarding arrangements, act to help and protect children and vulnerable adults.

Find out more about your local safeguarding board, including how to report concerns: